zeeeeeee
Oh-kay. I've left home for three days but I haven't been completely gone.

On Monday, I got myself a chance to come online, change the template and post some of the widgets back on.

Although.
I failed to return the "Drama Queen" 's favorite and only poll
- Which Of The Following Is Hotter? -
*rolls eyes*.

Anyway,I've drafted this yesterday night on paper so that I can blog my experience back in my mother's hometown as perfectly as possible today.
But. My post will not be half as perfect as I wanted it to be 'cause my phone cable decided to disappear from the computer table.
But. As the saying goes, the show must go on!
So, I'm posting this anyway.
I'll post the pictures at a later date when I hunted down that phone cable.

This post will come in several sub-posts, so have fun reading my mega-long-post!

Journey To The South


On Sunday evening, 6.20 (plus) to be "precise", I leftSri Setia and started the journey to Johor.
And, no, I did not have dinner.
Although. I did have some bread in the car. XD

The journey was quite uneventful.
I kept talking and asking questions to keep my father awake at the wheel.
Unfortunately, my mum did not recognize my efforts.
She asked me to shut up.

"Come on, ma. I'm doing pa a favor here."
"Shut up."
"What if pa falls asleep? We'll all die in a very tragic car crash!"
"Choi! Shut up! I want to sleep."
[MADE UP CONVERSATION]
*that much shut up was never in the conversation.

So, anyway, I shut up 'cause 3 hours of non-stop talking is quite exhausting.

I tried not sleeping but I was dozing off seconds later.
(What? It's boring!)

In my half awake-half asleep-subconscious condition,
in my mind came a very nicely-gravy-ed, deliciously warm and mashed-till-real-soft mashed potato.
I imagined myself picking up a spoon, scooping up some of that delicious potato and putting it in my mouth.
Oh. My. God.
It's so beautifully delicious....

Then, I realized my mouth was really open, my tongue is licking some imaginary spoon and my hand is reaching out.
Damnit!!
I dream of mashed potato a lot in my van-ride to school.
Do I always look like that?
Oh. My. God.
This is. SO. Bad.

I started telling my mother about this.
She says: "No wonder whenever I wake you up and you're in your half-asleep self, you're sticking out your tongue like you're licking something."
Goddamnit!
My mum has seen it!

Oops! Sorry! I realize this sub-post has turned into
" Zhi Yi-is-frustrated-'cause-everyone-has-seen-her-being-a-mashed potato-monster."

Sorry!

Arriving and Arrival

I can't comment on the game 'cause when it's going on, I'm on the way back to Johor.

My brother suggested stopping by a mamak store somewhere to watch the match.
But my other brother wanted to get back A.S.A.P.

So... Anyway, we reached at about 9.30.


I remember screaming when I see an LCD tv in a mamak store near my uncle's house.

"LIN DAN!!!"

That's what I said. No, screamed.

I know I'm supposed to support Malaysia.
And, Yeah, I totally do.

But I saw Lin Dan on the screen so that's why I screamed his name.

And got scolded by my mum for that.

Anyway, we arrived at my uncle's house.
I literally jumped off the car, screaming: "Hurry!! Open the Goddamned gate!"
(What? I wanna watch the match!)

I walked over to the gate and peered through the bars.
Guess who came tothe door?
Hah! My little, two-year-old cousin!
And guess what he said when he saw me?

"Ahh!! Ghost ar!"

Then, he started crying.

I know I'm not hot.
But, a ghost?
I'm not even close to being pale.
Hello?!? I'm a very tanned person!

I'm very offended now.
Ok, fine. I'm not.
I can't blame him either.
It's 9.30 (plus). And it's the ghost festival.
So... Wait! Ghosts do not come visit you in an orange shirt.
But then, he's only two.
He's a Christian!
But then, again, he's only two.
Fine, you're forgiven.

Mamak-ing


Anyway, as soon as we dropped our stuff at my uncle's house, we came out again.
To watch the match.
(What? My uncle don't have Astro!)

TEN of us. In ONE PROTON WIRA.

My mum, my grandma, my uncle, my four cousins, my two brothers and I.
So, well, it was really tight.

All my pa's fault.
He has a Harrier and he drove off with only my grandpa.

Leaving close to a dozen rabid badminton fans behind. At home.

So self-centered....

And we crammed in the Wira for nothing.
He lost! And kinda badly, too.
(I'm sure y'all know.)

Well, after that, we made our way to this other mamak store where we ate Char Keuy Teow
(Oh, damn it. Sorry if I spelled Char Keuy Teow wrongly. I can't remember how!! Shame on me!), Bee Hoon and... that's it.

Ooh! And my uncle presented my brothers and I with Beijing Olympic 福娃 mechanical pencils!
Bought by my other uncle who went to Thailand..
Another job-responsibility-thingy.

Well, anyway, my double dumb-ass brothers and a couple of my cousins went to mess with the projectors.

Apparently, the Chelsea vs I-can't-remember-what-team
(What? Chelsea is definitely a bigger deal than that team.)
is the next big thing after the badminton match.
'Cause all the surrounding mamak stores are tuning in to that channel.

Anyway, my brothers decided to make some hand-reflection-action on the large screen.
Fine, it's not exactly reflection.
It's that projecting-hand-shadow-on-large-cool-screen thingy.
You know.....

Well, that decision caused all football fans to throw their food at my dear little brothers and curse at them.

Okay. Fine. They didn't do that.
No one did anything which wasn't fun.
I prefer having my brothers being Keuy Teow-fied.
(What? That's a much more interesting story-line!)

AHHHH!!

Oh-kay. I'm sorry. My brother decided to scream randomly at this point which 'caused me to scream along with him.
(No, it's happening now. Not that Sunday.)

Monday Blues... Or Not.

I can't remember what happened that morning.
Proof that it wasn't interesting.

Well, anyway,my parents left home with my grandparents to
visit my great-grandma
at Ribena house.
You would have guessed it's an old folks' home and yes, it is.
And you might be thinking what unfilial people my elders are but they are, in fact, very filial.
'Cause, the people at the old folks' home can take better care of my great grandma than my elders. There are professional nurses there. So, it's actually better for my great grandma.

Back to the topic, I didn't get to go along.
Why? (You've guessed it.)
PMR.

I got to watch this ghost movie before doing my revision.
It was okay. But still I don't like ghost movies. They bring me nightmares.

Anyway, after my movie session, I settled down to study (so-called).
I just sat there... Then,I got up... Went over to the play station...
"Arrrghh!! Go to hell, you stupid monster!"

Okay. Fine. I didn't do that. I went outside to play with the hamsters!!

They're a family.
Four kids. One pa, one ma. One grandpa, one grandma. An uncle, an aunt. A grandaunt...
(Okay, strikeout after 'ma'.)
There were originally seven kids. Three died 'cause the ma killed them.
There's an eyeless hamster 'cause the ma scratched out it's eye.
So, she's separated from her family.

I fed them some hamster food and watched them, talked to them...
I'm not CRAZY!!
Stop saying that I am.

Anyway, the whole morning was quite a waste of time...
In the afternoon, we set up the computer and yay!
I changed the template from that crazy pinkishness to this one.
I am so glad my eyes are not tortured by that template anymore.
Sorry, Oom Yin.. But my eyes really hurt from that.

SPICY


The evening came and went.
We're hungry by seven..
*Ahem*
(Okay, I wasn't hungry. I ate lots of cheese blocks and chocolates in the evening.)
We went out for dinner at eight (finally my dad tears his eyes off the computer).
We went to this place called 北京楼. It's actually (direct translation) Beijing City.
But my stupid Chinese Dictionary thingy don't have that word. So, fine..

Anyway, I took some photos of my "dear"-little-cousin-who-called-me-a-ghost.
(Will post them as soon as I find that cable.)

It's quite a normal family dinner.
Great food, bad sugared Kek Hwa tea...
But something very interesting spiced things up.

My mum was just playing with my little cousin, Joel.
She told him the siew lat jiu is vegetable and asked him to eat it.
Well, yeah, it is vegetable but a very hot one.
He wasn't listening... or so we thought.
He was grabbing at his vegetable and everything, playing with his food...
No one paid much attention.

All of a sudden, he screamed, his face was all red.
Then, we realized he ate the chili!
Joel ate chili!!
And he ate a lot.
You know the kind of spoon you use for drinking soup?
He scooped up the chili with that. And ate half a spoon.
Yeah, I know.
My aunt gave him water, iced water and, finally, the packaged Kek Hwa tea did it. He stopped crying and screaming.

After that incident,
he wouldn't acknowledge my mum when she speaks to him.
Until she gave him a candy.
(Hah! Children. So easy to pujuk!)

So, anyway, we went home and I went straight to bed 'cause I was tired.
And we had to go home early the next morning.

Back
Anyway, we went home the next day, Tuesday. I slept the whole trip back home.
I didn't have anything to say this time. So, I slept.

End..

Would love to update y'all with the rest of my Tuesday but
MY BROTHER (currently sitting beside me)
wants to use the computer.

As a good sister, I shall now end my blog and let my brother play his online games.

0 Responses


  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP